SR24 at Mount Joy Road
- Widen the northbound and southbound Mount Joy Road approaches to provide separate left-turn, pass through, and right turn lanes
- Extend the left-turn lane and right-turn lanes on all approaches to meet storage requirements
SR 24 at Bay Farm Road
- Widen the northbound and southbound Bay Farm Road approaches to provide separate left-turn, pass through, and right-turn lanes
- Widen the westbound SR24 approaches to provide a separate left-turn, pass through, and right-turn lanes
- Extend the left-turn and right-turn lanes on all approaches to meet storage requirements
Sidewalks and bike lanes will also be constructed at both intersections.
This project encompasses two intersections along SR 24 in Sussex County. It involves adding operational improvements at the intersections of SR 24 at Mount Joy Road / Oak Orchard Road and SR 24 at Bay Farm Road / Autumn Road. In addition, there will be operational improvements along SR 24 between Mount Joy Road and Bay Farm Road
This project is identified as a high crash location as part of the Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP). Recommendations were made from the SR 24, SR 30 to Love Creek Traffic Study performed in November 2010. The study determined the need for operational improvements to address safety deficiencies and to accommodate future traffic volumes.
- Final Right of Way Plans Completed - August 2015
- Final Design Scheduled for Summer 2018
- Anticipated Start of Construction – Summer 2019
- Anticipated End of Construction- Late Summer 2021