SR 72/SR 1
Diverging Diamond Interchange
This project was identified as a need out of the SR 1 Widening Study. The interchange modifications are needed to improve congestion and safety related to the heavy left-turn movements entering and exiting SR 1.
This project is to construct a Diverging Diamond Interchange. This innovative interchange design will provide improved traffic flow, congestion relief, and safety along Route 72 at the Route 1 interchange. It will be the first of its kind in Delaware.
- Early Summer 2015 – Request for Qualifications (RFQ) review and selection
- Late Summer 2015 – Request for Proposals (RFP) review and selection
- Late Fall 2015 - Notice to Proceed (NTP) for Design-Build Team
- Spring 2016 – Construction
- SR72/SR1 DDI was opened to traffic November 2016
Public Workshop Information
(Reviewed and Updated on 01/30/2017)