Park Avenue, also known as US Route 9 Truck Bypass, is a designated truck route for tractor trailers moving through the Georgetown area. DelDOT's Capital Transportation Plan for FY 2017-2023 recommends that the roads used for the truck bypass be upgraded with appropriate turn lanes, shoulders, and intersection improvements. Geometric and roadside improvements will be made throughout the project limits.
- Improve traffic and safety operations
- Support economic growth
- Support Federal, State, and Local initiatives
- Alternatives Public Workshops - June 13, 2016 & August 8, 2016
- Begin NEPA Document Phase – Summer/Fall 2016
- Preliminary Design and Construction – to be determined upon completion of the NEPA document phase.
- Current CTP Funding
- Design FY17-FY19
- Right-of-Way FY20-FY21
- Construction FY22-FY23
(Reviewed and Updated on 02/22/2017)