Delaware Department of Transportation Enforces Sign Laws
DelDOT is enforcing laws designed to keep the State's Rights-Of-Way clear from illegal and dangerous signs.
- DelDOT must remove any sign posted in the Clear Zone (in medians and approx. 10' from the edge of the pavement), including those attached to utility poles anywhere along the State maintained roadways.
- Any sign in the State's Rights-of-Way that is not in the Clear Zone will also be removed.
- Exemptions apply outside the Clear Zone only for signs posted during a period of 30-days prior to and 30-days after an election.
- Sign owners are subject to fines of $25 per sign and a recovery fee of $15 per sign.
- Confiscated signs will be disposed of after 30 days. The fines still apply.