The purpose of the Blue Ball Properties Area Transportation Improvements is:
- To provide adequate transportation facilities to support the area's economic and recreational development.
- To decrease automobile and truck congestion within the study area by:
- Assuring that future traffic moves as well as existing traffic at selected study area intersections.
- Improving traffic flow of highly developed urban areas at other major study area intersections.
- Utilizing Integrated Transportation Management Systems to optimize traffic flow within the study area.
- Encouraging multi-occupancy vehicle trips by significantly improving transit in the region and developing transportation demand management strategies.
- To improve the safety of the transportation network within the study area.
- To encourage bicycle and pedestrian modes of transportation.