Date: January 27, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: January 27, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mrs. Angela Helfman||Kramer & Assoc.|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Ms. Jen Epler||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
After introductions were done, Bob King explained to the group that Bill Stewart has assumed the duties of another position within DelDOT and that Bruce Kay of DMJM & Harris Assoc. has assumed Bill's duties for the Blue Ball Properties Project.
There was general discussion about the detailed tour of the Blue Ball site during the December meeting, and all agreed that the tour was well presented, as well as educational and informative.
Bruce Kay provided the following construction update:
US202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Excavation for the foundations, including rock, has been completed.
- Pile driving for Abutments "A" and "B" has been completed. A portion of the Abutment "B" piles required the contractor to pre-drill through weathered/decomposed rock down to "competent" rock.
- Footing areas that required sub-foundation concrete have been completed.
- Concrete placement for the Abutment "A" foundation is ongoing.
US202 over East Park Drive Bridge Structure
- Blasting is complete; however, the actual removal of rock is still ongoing.
- Placement of sub-foundation concrete is ongoing.
- A portion of the wingwall design called for a pile supported foundation; however, due to a higher than anticipated rock elevation, the design was revised to a spread footing
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- Concrete placement is almost complete. The Contractor is currently using propane heaters and insulated blankets so that he can continue with the pours through the winter months.
- Stone Masonry work is ongoing; however, the subcontractor performing this work has temporarily suspended work due to the extremely cold temperatures.
Ramp "A" Wall
- Concrete placement is complete.
- Contractor is currently preparing submittals for the Textured Wall Finish.
- Installation of storm sewer system along US202 and SR-141 Spur is ongoing.
- Grading, placement of roadway base material, paving, etc. has been suspended for the winter.
- Landscape weeding and mowing along the West Side Project has been completed.
- The anticipated paving work along the Ramps from I-95 to the US202 northbound lanes has been suspended due to the cold weather.
There was a question regarding a recent article about the national shortage of cement and how that would impact the project and its budget. Bruce replied that part of the shortage was due to the amount of cement being imported by China. He also pointed out that steel prices have increased by approximately 80% since the project began. But much of the shortages and price increase have been averted by pre-purchasing materials and stockpiling them until needed.
It was also discussed that the blasting for this phase of the contract/project has been completed with no significant unexpected events.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:45 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 8:00 am.