Date: May 25, 2004
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: April 29, 2004 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Hon. Greg Lavelle||State Rep.-11th Dist.|
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Daniel Bockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Don Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. James Neel||Entity Services Group LLC|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and after introductions the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
New Castle County - Department of Land Use has issued the demolition permit for the Weldin Husband's House. Demolition work is scheduled to occur after traffic is switched to the Temporary Roadway and Concord Pike (US202) is closed.
Restoration on the Blue Ball Dairy Barn is now underway. Asbestos and lead-paint removal is ongoing inside the building. Excavation and grading work is ongoing outside the building.
Several of the holly trees planted along the berm on the West Park have died. Bill Stewart explained that all plantings come with a three-year guarantee and once a year the dead foliage will be removed and replaced. There will also be some hydroseeding done at the site to address dead and drying grass issues.
Guardrail installation on the south end of Temporary Road No. 1 is complete. Areas of the bike path not protected by guardrail are considered outside the clear zone.
An issue of pothole problems along Route 202 from Augustine Cutoff to I-95 was brought up. DelDOT North Maintenance forces will be performing temporary hot-mix patchwork.
The following construction update was provided:
Phase 1 - West Side Improvements
- A Spring inspection will be scheduled to perform plant maintenance and necessary replacements.
- Verizon crews have completed the "circuit throw" into the utility corridor. Cable removal and manhole abandonment along Concord Pike (US202) is ongoing.>/li>
Phase 2 - US202 Reconstruction
- Excavation for future Ramp F/G is ongoing.
- Installation of the new water main along Relocated Weldin Road is ongoing. Nighttime work is scheduled to occur the week of May 3rd to perform tie-ins at Foulk Road. Foulk Road traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction between the hours of 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM to complete this work.
- Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone are performing the installation of their aerial facilities along Connector 'D'. Splicing work is ongoing. Cable removal is scheduled to begin in early May.
- Conectiv Power & Delivery - Electric has energized their new electric lines (underground and aerial). Stripping of the old wires is ongoing.
- Conectiv Power & Delivery - Gas completed their tie-in work at Foulk Road / Relocated Weldin Road and Augustine Cut-off / Concord Pike on April 22nd.
- Fabrication for the concrete beams for US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is complete.
- Fabrication for the proposed sign structures on US202 is ongoing.
- Box-out, placement of stone for the north and south tie-ins to the Temporary Road No. 1 is ongoing.
- The installation of underground utilities along US202, between Powder Mill Road and the Rollins Building, is ongoing.
- Installation of the temporary lighting along Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to begin in early May. Temporary lighting will be installed on wooden poles.
- Installation of new storm pipe along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled to begin in early April.
- Box-out, placement of stone and pavement along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled begin in early April.
Based on best available information at this time, the traffic switch from existing US202 onto Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to occur in mid June. Construction of the new bridges at US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is scheduled to begin in late June / early July.
Representatives of DelDOT were invited to speak at the next CCOBH Meeting, which will be held at the Brandywine High School on Thursday, May 13th at 7 pm.,/p>
The next Blue Ball Properties Public Workshop is scheduled for Monday, May 17th in the Brandywine High School between the hours of 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.