Date: May 26, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: May 26, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob explained to the group that due to safety concerns the Rotary has decided not to construct the "Boundless Playground" until after the East Park construction has been completed. Bob noted that the original plan to open the playground during the summer/fall of 2005 had been a concern and laud the decision of the Rotary.
Bruce explained that the repaving of the 95/202NB ramps has been delayed again and has been rescheduled for the weekend of June 10th.
Ralph Bayrer questioned the signage for the Nemours Children's Health Clinic off of Children's Way. Bruce will look into the situation.
In response to a question from the group, it was explained that the lower 202 and I-95 part of the project, which was not part of the original Blue Ball Properties Project, is no longer funded and will be looked at and re-assessed at a future date.
There was interest expressed from the group to have another "tour" of the site. It was determined that the July meeting will facilitate this request.
Bruce Kay then provided the following construction update:
US 202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Erection of precast box beams occurred on May 9th and 10th.
- Contractor is currently constructing the bridge wing walls, which should be completed by early-mid June.
- The installation of the deck pans (deck formwork) is scheduled to begin in June, and the placement of concrete for the deck is anticipated to occur in late July.
US 202 over East Park Drive
- Construction of the abutment stem walls is now complete and erection of the precast box beams is occurring this week (May 23rd thru May 27th)...the placement of the beams is going very well.
- Subfoundation concrete (used to fill the void between the top of rock and the bottom of foundation) remains to be completed...construction of wing walls will follow.
- Construction of the bridge deck at this location is tentatively scheduled for August.
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- The stone masonry work is complete and casting of concrete capstones will begin in July.
Ramp "A"/Barn Wall
- Backfilling of the wall on the Barn side is now complete. The application of the stucco finish is tentatively scheduled for August.
Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall
- Contractor began work at this location on May 2nd. To date, construction safety fence and erosion control silt fence have been installed. Also, the drilling of concrete shafts has begun.
- Form liner samples have been prepared and are currently under review.
- Placement of base course material (recycled asphalt millings) and concrete curb between the East Park Drive Bridge and Augustine Cutoff is complete. The contractor is currently working on the hot-mix paving.
- Installation of the storm sewer throughout contract #2 is now complete and the crews have now moved over to Contract #4 (SR-141 Spur area).
- Delivery of the overhead sign structures for Contract #2 is complete and construction of the foundations is scheduled for June.
- Contract #4 utility relocations in the vicinity of SR-141 and Children's Drive are ongoing. This work will continue through mid-late July.
- Contractor continued with construction of the SR-141 embankment. The embankment "surcharge" area (just west of the RMDH) has been completed and is being monitored for settlement.
- Blasting for the removal of rock along the SR-141 Spur is scheduled to begin on July 11th.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 8:00 am.