Date:June 30, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: June 30, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Daniel Bockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Nick Hetrick||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bruce Kay advised the Working Group that the I-95/US202 northbound ramps were paved over the weekend of June 10th. This work was performed under the Department's Pave & Rehab Program, which is managed by William Stewart. Mr. Stewart advised that all work progressed according to plan and was completed within the desired time frame.
Mr. Stewart also advised that the Department will be rehabbing the pavement along Murphy Road. This work will be performed during evening hours and is tentatively scheduled to begin Sunday, July 24th. Weather permitting; construction should be completed in approximately 3 weeks.
As requested by the Working Group, a sign has been ordered for the intersection of Children's Drive and Rockland Road directing the public to the Nemours Health Clinic and the Ronald McDonald House. The sign should be installed within the next few weeks.
Next month's Working Group Meeting will include a tour of the project site. All members are encouraged to attend.
Bruce Kay then provided the following construction update:
US 202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Contractor has completed construction of the bridge wing walls.
- Deck pans (deck formwork) are currently being installed, and the deck pours have now been tentatively scheduled for early August.
- Subcontractor Stonescapes completed placement of stone masonry along the front face of the abutment walls and began placement of masonry along the curved wing walls.
US 202 over East Park Drive
- Erection of the precast concrete box beams has been completed.
- Placement of the subfoundation concrete (used to fill the void between the top of rock and the bottom of foundation) is now complete.
- Contractor began construction of wing walls.
- Bridge deck placement is tentatively scheduled for mid-late August.
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- The stone masonry work is complete. The concrete capstone sample has been delivered to the project field office and is currently being reviewed.
Ramp "A"/Barn Wall
- The wall is complete with the exception of the stucco finish and placement of capstones.
Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall
- Contractor continued drilling and placing concrete for the foundations. Boulders have been encountered during the drilling operation, slowing production.
- A form liner has been selected and a full scale mockup will be available within the next 6-8 weeks.
- Placement of concrete curb Placement of hot-mix paving along US202 between East Park Drive and Augustine Cutoff is complete.
- Placement of concrete curb along the ramps of the SR-141 Spur Interchange is ongoing and the contractor is preparing to start the hot-mix paving.
- Delivery of the overhead sign structures for Contract #2 is complete and the contractor began construction of the foundations.
- Contract #4 utility relocations in the vicinity of SR-141 and Children's Drive are ongoing and will continue through mid-late July. The Conectiv tie-in to AstraZeneca's South Campus has been scheduled for the weekend of July 10th.
- Contractor continued with construction of the SR-141 embankment. The embankment "surcharge" area (just west of the RMDH) has been completed and only very minor settlement has been recorded.
- Blasting for the removal of rock along the SR-141 Spur is scheduled to begin on July 11th.
- Contractor began installation of temporary chain link fence along US 202 southbound lanes (just north of SR-141) in preparation for the removal of the existing decorative fence and widening construction along this area.
Blue Ball Barn
- Renovations to the Barn and construction of the addition are ongoing. A site visit will be included as part of next month's tour.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 8:00 am.