Date:September 29, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: September 29, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
The July Working Group meeting consisted of a project tour; therefore, formal minutes were not distributed. Everyone enjoyed the tour and was pleased with the progress of the job.
As requested by the Working Group, a sign was installed at the intersection of Children's Drive and Rockland Road directing the public to the Nemours Health Clinic and the Ronald McDonald House.
Bruce Kay provided the following construction update:
US 202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Installation of the deck pans (deck formwork) has been completed and the contractor is now installing the reinforcing steel. The concrete placement for the deck will begin in early September.
- Subcontractor Stonescapes completed placement of stone masonry along the abutment walls and the curved wing walls. The capstone sample was approved and casting has begun.
US 202 over East Park Drive
- Contractor completed construction of the wing walls.
- Concrete was placed for the bridge deck construction on August 19th.
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- The concrete capstone sample was delivered to the project field office and approved for use on the wall.
Ramp "A"/Barn Wall
- The stucco mockup has been constructed and approval is pending comments from the designers.
Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall
- Due to obstructions encountered during the drilling operation (boulders), the foundation type has been revised from drilled shafts to a spread footing.
- The full scale mockup panels have been delivered to the site; however, they have not yet been erected. Once that is completed, the designers will review the form liner/staining and provide comments to the precaster.
- Placement of concrete curb along the ramps of the SR-141 Spur Interchange is complete and the contractor has begun the hot-mix paving operation.
- The patterned concrete portion of the medians along the SR-141 Spur/US202 interchange is currently being constructed.
- Contractor completed construction of the overhead sign structure foundations along US202. Erection of the structures is scheduled for late September/early October.
- Contract #4 utility relocations in the vicinity of SR-141 and Children's Drive are complete, with the exception of AT&T. The AT&T relocation is holding up the remaining excavation at this intersection.
- Blasting for the removal of rock along the SR-141 Spur has begun and is on-going.
- The contractor anticipates starting work along the US202 southbound lanes (in front of AstraZeneca) within the next 3-4 weeks.
The contractor anticipates starting work along the US202 southbound lanes (in front of AstraZeneca) within the next 3-4 weeks.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 8:00 am.