Date: August 28, 2003
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes)
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Harry Gamble||McCormick Taylor|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and, after introductions, one minor addition was made to the minutes of July 31 (page 2, 1st paragraph, "Alapocas community" was changed to Alapocas II community").
Bob King informed the group that R.E. Pierson, Inc., of Pilesgrove, New Jersey, was the apparent low bidder for the second contract for the Blue Ball Properties Project along US Route 202. The Company was the lowest of six bidders, offering a bid of $21,210,706.90.
Bob informed the group that the archaeological tour of the Weldin Ruins held on August 23rd was extremely successful, with over 220 people attending.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
Phase 1 (Project Work)
- SR141 Spur Structure work is ongoing. Construction of the footings is complete. The pre-cast sections have been set in place. Formwork for the wingwall sections is ongoing.
- Embankment work along SR141 Spur is ongoing.
- Construction of the median curb along Temporary Roadway No. 1 is ongoing.
- Hot-mix pavement work along Temporary Roadway No. 1 is scheduled to begin next month.
- Landscape plantings for the fall season are scheduled to resume next month.
Phase 1 (Utility Work)
- Conectiv Electric (Guardian Construction) has completed the nighttime crossing at Augustine Cut-off.
- Verizon continues to place their new communication cables along the Utility Corridor.
Phase 2 (Early Action Work - Utilities)
- Conectiv Electric (Guardian Construction) is installing their new poles along Connector 'D'.
- Conectiv Electric (Guardian Construction) is scheduled to begin installation of their underground electric wires next month.
- Cavalier Telephone has completed the installation of their ductwork along Relocated Weldin Road.
In response to a question, Bill Stewart explained to the group that as of now there is no date set for the post-blast survey. Mumford and Miller will go door-to-door doing the survey. Residents will be advised ahead of time of the survey via certified letters. A list of residents who have already filed a blast damage report is file on at the Mumford and Miller office.
Bill Stewart informed the group that they would reexamine the berm.
Residents expressed concern regarding paving of road between R-202 to Alapocas Drive and on R-202 from Augustine Cutoff to the I-95 ramp. Bob King will contact their Traffic Department and have them call residents directly. North District Maint. Department contacted and advised.
Bill Stewart reported that the wetlands look very natural and that there will be some replacement of landscaping due to loss. There is a 5-year monitoring contract, which will start this fall season.
Storm Water Management Reach Pond #2 shows some displacement due to the heavy rains. Some of the smaller stones will have to be replaced. Reach #1 shows very little disturbance. The storm basins operated as planned.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:50 am with the next meeting scheduled for September 25th at 8:00 am