Date:September 29, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: September 29, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Dan Bockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob King notified group of upcoming Blue Ball Public Workshop to be held at the Brandywine High School on Thursday night, November 17, 2005 from 4:00-7:00 pm. Bob also informed group that the forth version of the Blue Ball video will be completed and displayed at the workshop.
Bruce Kay provided the following construction update:
US 202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Concrete placement for the bridge deck began this morning. This was the first of three concrete pours to construct the deck at this location. The remaining pours should be completed within the next few weeks.
- Contractor began placement of concrete for the bridge approach slabs.
- Contractor has been receiving deliveries of the wingwall capstones. Placement of the capstones will begin shortly.
US 202 over East Park Drive
- Bridge deck construction is complete at this location and the contractor is now forming and placing concrete for approach slabs.
- Subcontractor Stonescapes continued with masonry work and has been receiving deliveries of the wingwall capstones. Placement of the capstones will begin shortly.
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- Subcontractor Stonescapes recently began setting capstones at this location. This work will be completed within the next week.
Ramp "A"/Barn Wall
- The stucco mockup has been reviewed and approved by the Design Engineers.
Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall
- Both drilled shaft and spread footing foundations have been completed.
- The full-scale mockup panels have been erected and reviewed by the Designers. Comments on the staining were given to the precaster and he was issued notice-to-proceed for the production of columns and panels.
- Capstone sample should be delivered to the site within the next few weeks.
- Paving along US 202, East Park Drive, and the SR-141 Spur Interchange is scheduled to resume during the week of October 17 th and will continue for approximately four weeks.
- The traffic switch, to move traffic from the temporary bypass road back to US 202, has been tentatively scheduled for the weekend of December 2nd. There is a chance, weather permitting, that it may occur sooner.
- The patterned concrete portion of the medians along the SR-141 Spur/US 202 interchange remains under construction and should be completed shortly.
- Contractor completed construction of the overhead sign structure foundations along US 202. Erection of the structures is scheduled for the week of October 10th.
- The AT&T relocation in the vicinity of the SR-141 Spur at Children's Drive is now complete. This will allow the contractor to continue with the blasting and excavation of this area.
- Landscaping in the vicinity of the US 202 and SR-141 Spur Interchange has begun and is ongoing.
- The new water main along Rockland Road, from the Ronald McDonald House to Children's Drive, has been completed.
- Blasting and rock excavation along the SR-141 Spur has begun and is on-going.
- The contractor anticipated starting work along the US 202 southbound lanes (in front of AstraZeneca) by mid-September; however, the existing Verizon and Level 3 Communication relocations in this area are still not complete.
Contract 3 East, which constructs East Park Drive in the vicinity of Weldin Road and Carruthers Lane, has been awarded to Mumford & Miller. Work should begin in late October.
There was a question about the guardrail along the newly constructed Daily Barn wall. There was a concern that the railing did not go the full length of the road. This is has already been brought up and the protect team is working on this issue.
Blasting scheduled to be done will take less than two weeks and will be completed by next meeting. Residents within 1000 feet of site have been notified and offered pre-blast survey of property.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 8:00 am.