Date: December 4, 2003
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes)
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Don Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. James Neel||Entity Services Group LLC|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Mark Tudor||DelDOT|
|Mr. Harry Gamble||McCormick Taylor|
|Mr. Ralph B. Farabaugh||R.E. Pierson Construction|
|Ms. Andrea Traywick-Jones||Deerhurst|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and after introductions the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
There was a question as to which State Agency (DelDOT or DNREC) is involved in the construction of the Greenway Trails throughout the Blue Ball Property Project. It was clarified that both agencies would be involved.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
Phase 1 - West Side Improvements
- Landscape plantings along the Greenway Trail, stormwater management ponds and project side slopes are ongoing.
- Verizon, Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone are placing and splicing their new communication cables along the Utility Corridor.
Phase 2 - US202 Reconstruction
- R. E. Pierson Construction Company began Phase 2 work on November 11, 2003.
The mailing address to the project field office is:
Blue Ball Properties Construction Field Office
4351 Weldin Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Telephone service to the project field office has not yet been installed.
- Advanced warning signs have been installed. DelDOT Traffic has signed a resolution for speed limit reduction to 35 MPH within the work zone for this project. Black on white regulatory signs indicating the 35 MPH speed limit have been installed.
- Topsoil removal along Relocated Weldin Road is ongoing.
- Removal of Stockpile #1, adjacent to the Blue Ball Dairy Barn, is ongoing.
- Construction of a landscape mound behind the wetland replacement site is ongoing.
- Placement of the Conectiv gas main across US 202 is complete. Installation along Connector 'D' is ongoing.
In response to a question from a member of the group, it was discussed that the construction for the adaptive reuse of the Blue Ball Dairy Barn would commence in the spring.
There was a question as to when the bicycle path would be open and when people could ride on it. The public is permitted to utilize the bike path at this time.
There was a concern voiced by a resident regarding the traffic, notice and construction work along Concord Pike. Resident requests notification of when construction work is scheduled to be done. Resident explains that there is jack hammering along Concord Pike as late as 8:00 pm. It was agreed that Bill Stewart would coordinate with the utility companies doing the work with the resident to provide information. Resident also requested s and charts of the projected completed project to use as information for the sale of her property.
It was decided not to hold the meeting originally scheduled for January 29th. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, February 26, 2004 at 8:00 am at the construction trailer's new site along Weldin Road.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 am.