Date:December 8, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: December 8, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bruce Kay provided the following construction update:
- The traffic switch from the Temporary Bypass Road back to US202 occurred this past weekend. Overall, the switch went very well and the work was completed in reasonable conformance to the established timeline. Work began Friday evening December 2 nd, with the major portions of work completed by late Saturday afternoon.
- Much of today's meeting was spent discussing the new traffic patterns. Vern Lawton explained the various options that can be used to gain access to the local roadways such as Foulk Road, Weldin Road, Carruthers Lane and Augustine Cutoff.
- The need for additional signs to better identify how to access Foulk Road from US202 Southbound has been recognized...additional signs will be fabricated and installed.
- Work remaining to be completed under Contract #2 includes construction of the south side of Connector "D" (along Brandywine Plaza) and the US202 SB off ramp to West Park Drive.
- Blasting and rock excavation along the proposed SR-141 Spur in the vicinity of Children's Drive is ongoing and will continue on and off for the next few months.
- The contractor is planning on placing a temporary concrete barrier wall along the south side of Children's Drive so that he can begin excavation along the edge of the roadway.
- Delmarva Power continued with the relocation of their gas main along Rockland Road. This work will most likely continue into the New Year.
- Work along the US202 southbound lanes (in front of AstraZeneca) will begin after the utilities have been relocated (Level 3 Communication still remains).
- The Contractor has completed erection of the Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall Posts. Panel erection will begin shortly.
Contract #3- East
- Work this past month involved the clearing of trees, stripping topsoil, excavation and the installation of water main and storm sewer pipes.
- The Weldin Road detour began on December 7th. Signs have been placed identifying the detour route and s have been distributed.
- There were no updates to report on the potential Barn parking fee.
- The next working group meeting will hopefully include a tour of the renovated Dairy Barn. Additional information regarding the tour will be distributed at a later date.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am with January meeting scheduled for Thursday, January 26, 2006 at 8:00 am.