Five Points working group meeting for tonight (3-18-2019) has been canceled
A new meeting date has not been set at this time.
- Public Involvement
Five Points Intersection and points North, South, East and West of the immediate traveling area.
The Five Points Transportation Study is examining potential improvements. The study will begin with Phase 1 – Five Points Working Group.
The desired goal for Phase 1:
- Engage the community in helping with the development of conceptual alternatives to improve this intersection and the surrounding area.
- Identify current traffic patterns and problems in and around the Five Points intersection.
- Make recommendations for improvements in order to reduce congestion and improve capacity on Route 1 as well as move local traffic around the corridor without having to utilize Route 1 for every trip.
The preliminary goal is to complete Phase I by the end of summer 2018.
Based on transportation issues in this area, the Five Points Transportation Study will seek to reduce congestion and improve capacity on Route 1.
Phase I, Working Group Study December 18, 2017 – Summer 2018
October 29, 2018
October 8, 2018
July 30, 2018
June 25, 2018
May 21, 2018
April 30, 2018
February 26, 2018
January 22, 2018
Transportation Improvement Districts(TID)
- Sussex County Transportation Operations Management Plan
- Integrated Land Use Transportation Observations for Coastal Sussex County - 2002
- Lewes Byway Corridor Management Plan - 2015
- Sussex County East - West Routes - 2004
- SR1 Land Use Transportation Study - Final Report - 2003
- SR1 Land Use Transportation Study - Technical Appendix - 2003
- SR1 Grid Study - Bicycle and Pedestrian Memo - 1999
- SR1 Grid Study - Concept Plan - 1998
- SR1 Grid Study - Public Involvement Memo - 2000
- SR1 Grid Study - Transit Analysis Memo - 1999
- Western Parkway - Five Points Presentation - 2008
- Western Parkway - Presentation to Sussex Council - 2006
Note: All links will take you directly to the specific project page on the DelDOT website
- BR 3-708P on Old SR 24 over Love Creek
- Georgetown to Lewes Pathway, Phase II
- Lewes Drawbridge (BR 3-154) on US9 Savannah Road & Rehoboth Drawbridge (BR 3-153) on SR1A Rehoboth Ave over Lewes-Rehoboth Canal
- BR 3-150 N&S on SR1 over Lewes-Rehoboth Canal
- Realignment of Old Orchard Road at Wescoats Corner
- Plantation Road Improvements, SR 24 to US 9
- SR 1, Minos Conaway Grade Separated Intersection
- SR24, Mulberry Knoll Road to SR1
- Junction & Breakwater - Rehoboth Extension Trail
- New Road Master Plan Effort