Existing Delaware Coast Line Railroad Crossing located on Lewes Georgetown Highway (US9) at Cool Springs Road (S290).
Railroad tracks need to be replaced to correct the deteriorated concrete crossing surface that is no longer repairable and causes unsafe crossing for traveling public and railroad cars.
- Construct new railroad tracks and crossing to provide for a smooth crossing.
- Replacement of track allows trains to operate at constant speed minimizing the duration of the road crossing for the traveling public.
- Regional Truck detours will include Route 30, Route 16, and SR1
- Local detours will utilize Fisher Road and Dairy Farm Road
- Adjustments to signal timings along detour routes
- Use of traffic cameras to monitor traffic conditions real time and use of message boards to provide information to motorists