PURPOSE AND NEED
The purpose of the Mulberry Knoll Road Extension PEL Study is to identify transportation improvements that:
- Reduce congestion for local and regional traffic and increase system linkages
- Improve access to designated development areas to support economic vitality and sustained growth
This study focuses on the north-south corridor that parallels Coastal Highway (SR1) between Lewes Georgetown Highway (US 9) and John J Williams Highway (SR 24) and is generally bound by Plantation Road (SR 1D) to the east and to the west by the residential developments along Love Creek.
- PEL Study begins: Summer 2020
- Data Collection: Summer 2020 – Spring 2021
- Public Outreach: Fall 2021