The Americans with Disabilities Act is a Federal civil rights statute that protects the rights of people with disabilities. Here you can learn more about the ADA and how DelDOT is working to comply with this important statute.
The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) endeavors to comply with the ADA through the implementation of accessibility technical requirements. DelDOT is accomplishing this by the development of a set of standards called the Pedestrian Accessibility Standards for Facilities in the Public Right of Way (PAS).
DelDOT’s non-discrimination policy, which can be found under the ‘DelDOT Policies Policies’ below, covers DelDOT’S commitment to non-discrimination against individuals with disabilities in any/all services, programs or activities that DelDOT provides.
- ADA standards for accessible design
- ADA Title II Regulations
- Architectural Barriers Act
- Federal Transit Administration
- Public Right of Way Accessibility Guidelines
- Section 504 Rehabilitation Act
- U.S. Department of Transportation Civil Rights
- United States Access Board