About This Study
The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) maintains a county-based transportation plan for Sussex County. It is essential for DelDOT to understand local land use and transportation conditions in order to plan and program necessary improvements to transportation facilities and services. The updated Sussex County Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) provides a means of ensuring effective consultation between DelDOT and non-metropolitan local officials in Sussex County.
The LRTP provides a linkage with DelDOT's Statewide Long-Range Transportation Plan and the County's Comprehensive Plan and serves as a guide to DelDOT in updating its Capital Transportation Program (CTP).
Study Objectives: Move Forward
- Facilitate collaboration to achieve "Success for Sussex"
- Organize key trends, challenges and opportunities
- Refine key corridor visions
- Work on identifying and prioritizing improvement projects
- Apply Integrated land-use and transportation approach
- Request public participation and input
- Develop implementation plan
- Background Data Compilation and Framework Development (Spring 2021)
- Key Trends, Challenges and Issues Identification (Summer 2021)
- Key Corridor Visions (Fall 2021)
- Improvement Projects Identification and Implementation Plan (2022)
- Stakeholder Collaboration and Public Outreach - Throughout the Study