About This Study
DelDOT has been aware of concerns expressed by local area residents and public/elected officials regarding increased traffic levels and safety along key transportation corridors west of Fenwick Island, such as SR 54, SR 20 and Bayard Road, especially during the summer months. DelDOT has been undertaking improvements at several key locations/ intersections along these corridors.
In order to evaluate existing condition area-wide traffic circulation patterns within the area west of Fenwick Island (generally comprising of Roxana, Bayard and Bunting) DelDOT is undertaking the Southeast Sussex Study (S3). The study will focus on identifying existing circulation issues, future growth potential and opportunities for operational, safety and infrastructure improvements for the study area.
- Data Collection, assessment and verification (2021)
- Public Workshop (Early 2022)
- Existing Condition Performance Assessment (Early 2022)
- Future Growth Projections (Spring 2022)
- Future Condition Performance Assessment (Summer 2022)
- Improvement Recommendations and Study Report (Late 2022)