DelDOT Business Partners!
The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) will host the 2019 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Small Business Development Summit on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at The Waterfall Banquet & Conference Center in Claymont, DE.
DelDOT Cabinet Secretary, Jennifer Cohan, is scheduled to offer opening remarks at the event. Other speakers will include members of the business community, local and state government officials, and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). The event will provide DBE program updates, technical assistance, and networking opportunities for prime contractors, consultants, and subcontractors.
As a NEW feature of the Summit, a “Speed Networking” session will be offered. This will provide DBE's and Small Businesses the opportunity to have a "face to face" meeting with prime contractors and consultants for a three (3) minute time frame. During this interaction, DBE’s will explain what their organization does and how partnering with their business can benefit prime contractors and consultants.
There is no cost to attend, but space is limited. Anyone interested in attending this event should register at the following link:
The major objectives of the DelDOT DBE Program
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of all DelDOT contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which small businesses and DBE's can compete fairly for participation in federal-aid contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable federal and state law;
- To make certain that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate in our program;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE's and small businesses in DOT-assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms so that they are able to compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE Program;
- To achieve increased small business participation in federal-aid contracts through race- and gender-neutral means;
Step by step instructional application process
State of Delaware Department of Transportation
Office of External Civil Rights
800 Bay Road • Dover, DE 19901
Phone: 302.760.2035 Fax: 302.739.2254