Join Us at the 2020 DBE Small Business and Development Summit!
Registration is now OPEN!
Below is the link to register for the upcoming DBE and Small Business Development Summit being held at the Delaware Technical and Community College (Terry Campus), DelOne Conference Center in Dover, Delaware on March 11, 2020 starting at 7:45 a.m.
This year's theme is RISE TO THE CHALLENGE and our objectives are:
- to increase exposure of DBE's to prime contractors and to have the prime contractors expand their sub-consultant pool;
- to promote new DelDOT programs/tools to DBE's; • to share best practices for DBE's trying to do business with the State; and,
- to promote current project opportunities and provide networking opportunities with selected prime contractors
There is no cost for the event, but you must register to attend.
This year our Keynote Speaker is Dave Raymond, author of The Power of Fun and the original Phillie Phanatic. Fellow Delawarean and son of late Delaware Blue Hens Hall of Fame coach Tubby Raymond, Dave’s presentation promises to deliver his best inspirational stories of his performance career and will outline his simple model - a theory about fun - that can change your life.
Networking – Meet the Primes, prospective mentors, partners, and clients - Gain access to the necessary resources that will foster your businesses development.
This year we anticipate a phenomenal line-up for our list of participating Primes to be available for this powerful networking session. We are so confident of the positive outcome, that DBEs must register and schedule appointments to participate in this session. During this time, DBEs and Primes will have an opportunity for private conversations, exchange of information, and discuss opportunities. This will be our best event yet!
Submit any questions via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) DBE regulations require recipients of federal financial assistance to establish goals for the participation of disadvantaged businesses. The regulations also require states to certify the eligibility of DBE firms to participate in their USDOT-assisted contracts. DelDOT evaluates each of their USDOT-assisted contracts and establishes contract specific DBE goals to ensure nondiscrimination in federally-assisted projects.
The major objectives of the DelDOT DBE Program
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of all DelDOT contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which small businesses and DBE's can compete fairly for participation in federal-aid contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable federal and state law;
- To make certain that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate in our program;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE's and small businesses in DOT-assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms so that they are able to compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE Program;
- To achieve increased small business participation in federal-aid contracts through race- and gender-neutral means;
Step by step instructional application process
State of Delaware Department of Transportation
Office of External Civil Rights
800 Bay Road • Dover, DE 19901
Phone: 302.760.2035 Fax: 302.739.2254